Sunday 20 July 2014

10 days to kickoff

Good evening friends.  Thanks for checking in.

Appreciate your interest in what I hope will be a life changing experience for Abigail and I.  We have signed up with our churchplant (www.regencr.com) born out of www.newlifecr.com to travel to the Twin Cities, MN to join www.theurbanrefuge.com/ for a project called Mission to the City.  We'll be leaving in 10 days for about 4 days of service and missions work.

Why?  A number of reasons:

  1. Missions trips that I've been on in the past have had a profound influence in my life - in helping me step back and experience God's power working through me in a fresh way.
  2. Abigail (the oldest of my 5 children) will be joining me.  I'm praying that she will experience the "missions bug" and start to form an excitement and passion for missions work.
  3. It's been a while since I went on a short term missions trip.  It's simply time to do it again.
So, I'm inviting you to join Abigail and I on this journey into a little of the unknown, and see what God has in store.  Shall we make a deal?  I promise to keep the posts short, if you commit to praying for Abigail and I.
Not because we want our experience to be trouble-free - but because this is a key opportunity for God to work in both our lives...and I'm ready for that afresh.  Thanks.

Sandy (for Abigail too)

No comments:

Post a Comment